Raise your hand if you’re hard on yourself. Yup, my hands raised too – which makes it pretty impressive that I’m still typing don’t you think?
I’ve always been like that and chances are you’ve always been like that too. I want to be the best, to be perfect, to be flawless, to never make a mistake. I have to be great at everything that I do and if I’m not, one of three things happens depending on where my heads at that day.
- I won’t do it or never get started
- I get obsessive compulsive and shut down all other areas of my life until this one thing is perfect
- Or I beat myself up about not being perfect.
Note: Most of the time it’s number two.
However, over the last few years I’ve progressively become better at dealing with this all-or nothing attitude that’s manifested in my pursuit for perfection. I’m not quit there yet as it’s still a work in progress but I’m hoping what’s written below will be some benefit to you.
Whether it be:
- All or nothing nutrition
- All or nothing exercise
- All or nothing job/career
- All or nothing relationships
- All or nothing personal finances
- All or nothing (fill in you own blank)
Keep reading if you’re all-in…. yup, I just went there.